5 Things You Need to Know Today: Veterans Day
Thank a veteran - that's all you need to know (but we tossed in four more for good measure).
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
- This Veterans Day will be cloudy early and give away to the sun with a high temperature of 52 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
- As we honor veterans today, remember to thank each veteran you come across. Several places in Dedham are closed today, including Town Halland both post offices.
- Those leaves are tumbling to the ground and what better way to take care of them than to hire a few high school students for a good cause. Saturday is the fifth annual Leaf Rake fundraiser for Dedham High School. For a minimum donation of $50, a team of students will rake your yard and all you have to do is provide the leaf bags, sit back and relax. Contact Erika Eisenhunt for more information.
- Following a hard-fought home game last Friday, the Dedham Marauders will travel to Milton High School tonight at 7 to try to pick up the victory.
- Swing by Dedham Square on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to try some of the new items Vincenzo's, an Italian deli, is carrying for free.