5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 9
Suport a 'Dancing' contestant, today's weather and girl's soccer continues playoff run.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
- Another great day that makes you forget the snowstorm is in store for today. The forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of 66 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
- After a 3-1 win Monday, the Dedham girl's soccer team will travel to play Cardinal Spellman at 5 p.m. today in the MIAA Division 2 South Sectional quarterfinals.
- Pirates are joining forces with a dancing star in Dedham. Jack and Eric Linari, the Pirate Lemonade boys, have promised that for each new 'like' on their Facebook page, they'll donate $1 to Andy Shumway's Dancing With the Dedham Stars campaign. You don't even have to donate to help Dedham education!
- A team is on the brink of an undefeated season in Dedham. The Rashi School's seventh and eighth grade girl's soccer team will face Dedham Country Day School this afternoon in its attempt to become the first undefeated sports team in school history.
- Did you try to vote yesterday? Paul Munchbach, clerk for Dedham, posted a notice on the town's website Tuesday reminding eager voters that Dedham didn't hold an election - unlike many other towns across the country. The next time to vote will be on March 6, 2012.