5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 23
Today's weather, the holiday weekend outlook and a special ceremony Thursday.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
- Expect heavy rain before 2 p.m. today with temperatures reaching a high of 54 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
- Be careful on the roads as you travel for the Thanksgiving holiday. Stay safe and enjoy your family and friends.
- Join veterans Thursday at 9:30 a.m. for the rededication of Veterans Field at Stone Park before the annual Dedham-Norwood Thanksgiving Day game. The town's veterans office is hoping for "hundreds" of men and women who served the country. The ceremony will feature the playing of Amazing Grace, Taps and, of course, the national anthem.
- Looking ahead to the weekend weather, expect sunny skies from Thursday through Sunday, with temperatures reaching a high of 43 on Thursday and reaching 59 degrees by Sunday.
- Fans are invited to the second annual Thanksgiving Pep Rally, organized by selectman Carmen Dello Iacono. The rally starts at 7 p.m. at Memorial Park, and people can enjoy free hot dogs and hot chocolate.