5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 6
Today's weather, Avery recommendations and horse thieves vigilantes.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
- Expect cloudy skies with high temperatures near 60 and a 70 percent of rain, according to the National Weather Service.
- Looking to fill up near Dedham Square? Here are the latest prices for a gallon of regular gas, as of Monday evening:
Dedham Gas and Service: $3.21 (cash)
Rudy's Express: $3.17
- Horse thieves, watch out. The Society in Dedham for Apprehending Horse Thieves will meet at 6:30 p.m. at Moseley's on the Charles for the 201st year. The business meeting will start at 7:15 p.m., when members are expected to give a full report on the number of horses stolen in Dedham over the past year. They are expected to report zero thefts.
- The Avery Re-Use Committee will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. The committee will make its final recommendations on what to do with the soon-to-be-vacant school, which the Board of Selectmen to consider beginning next year.
- The Avery Elementary School PTO will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at the school. The fifth grade meeting will begin at 6 p.m.