5 Things, Nov. 29: 'Stuff a Truck' with Holiday Gifts at Legacy Place
Also today: Find out why a Dedham resident was honored by the American Heart Association.
1. The Home for Little Wanderers and WCVB-TV Channel 5 are joining forces to "Stuff-a-Truck" full of holiday gifts for children and families living in at-risk circumstances on Thursday, Nov. 29. Donations will be accepted at Stuff-a-Truck locations including Legacy Place in Dedham from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. today.
2. Dedham resident Robert James, a student at Blue Hills Regional Vocational Technical School in Canton, was honored by the American Heart/Stroke Association this week for saving a colleague's life through the use of CPR.
3. Dedham Police are investigating a shooting that took place near River Street and Whiting Avenue on Tuesday night, leaving one victim with minor injuries. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Dedham Police Department.
4. Dedham Patch columnist Alex Shumway is asking fellow residents to think globally and act locally by helping to support her friend in need, Jean Fox. To donate to the Save Nathan Fund, visit www.indiegogo.com/savenathan.
5. The estimated jackpot for Wednesday's Powerball drawing was $500 million. Have any thoughts as to what you'd do with that money? Let us know in our discussion here.