All dogs must be registered with the Dedham Parks and Recreation department and all release forms signed prior to entering the park. Registration tags must be visible on the dog(s). Owners, for purposes of the below Rules, shall be persons with direct care, custody, or control of a dog while in a designated off leash area.
1. Leash your dog while entering and exiting the Park.
2. Dogs and puppies must have a current dog licenseand be vaccinated as required by applicable law and have no contagious conditions, diseases or parasites.
3. A maximum of 2 dogs per handler allowed in the Park at one time.
4. You must be at least 16 years old to bring a dog into the Park unless accompanied by an adult.(waiver must be signed)
5. For safety reasons, children under the age of 8 are not allowed inside the fenced in area.
6. Do not smoke or bring glass containers or alcohol into the Park.
7. Please do not bring any food, dog food or dog treats into the Park.
8. Owners must immediately clean up after their dog. Owners must have in their possession an adequate number of bags, or other appropriate device, for removal of their dogs’ waste.
9. Digging is not allowed. Fill in any holes your dogs make.
10.Owners must be in verbal control of their dogs at all times.
11.Owners must remain in the Park and keep their dogs in view at all times.
12.Owners must carry a leash at all times.
13.If your dog becomes rough or unruly, or exhibits aggressive behavior towards people, other dogs or wildlife, leash him or her and leave the Parkimmediately.
14.Dogs with a history of aggressive behavior, as determined by the Animal Control Officer, will have Park privileges revoked.
15.Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the Park.Spayed and neutered dogs are recommended.
16.For safety reasons, the use of prong (spike) and choke collars is not recommended.
17.Owners in violation of the above rules could be subject to a fine of fifty dollars ($50.00) enforceable by non-criminal disposition. The enforcing officer shall be the Animal Control Officer or any police officer of the Town of Dedham.
Professional Dog walkers are not allowed at anytime.
Owners are legally responsible and liable for their dogs and any injuries caused by them. Town of Dedham reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
Dedham Police 781-326-1212
Dedham Parks and Recreation 781-751-9250